Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Friday, February 12, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度三

'Denub'-ing.
Any reasonably sized files would do, I use Hasegawa's Modeling file set.
Posted Image

Last time I clipped off or sawed off the parts from the pouring gates, I'll then file away most of the remaining nubs.
Posted Image

File in a diagonal motion, lightly and slowly. Pay attention to which part you are actually filing, file only the nub, do not hit anything else. Stop when the nub is almost gone.
Posted Image

As seen in this picture, I did not touch anywhere else other than the nub with the file.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Then I'll switch to using these 'Satelite tools'(That's a brand name). I replaced the sand papers with #400 grit on double sided tapes.
Posted Image

Sand until the nub is gone or almost gone. Not to worry about some spots maybe not thoroughly done, I'll deal with them later along with the mold lines with finer grit paper. You'll see there are air bubbles near the nub, I'll also deal with them later. Keeping the part's orginal shape is the first priority.
Posted ImagePosted Image

There will be resin residues from the worn molds.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I'll deal with them with chisels or in this case, my custom made screwdrivers.(Jeweler's screwdrivers sharpen with a stone)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some large nub on a rather delicate spot.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

When filing, look at it from the top and side view, so the file never touch anything other than the nub.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Close in with a knife, hold the blade vertically against the nub, scribe away material with a sideway motion, lightly.
Posted Image

At this stage, I did not remove the nub all to way, again I left some of it to deal with later, along with the mold lines.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Sometimes the parts broke off from the pouring gates, or if you accidentally cut in too deep. This will be covered in the later tutorial.
Posted Image

No comments: