Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Friday, February 12, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度一

I'm using this WIP thread to draft the content for my FSS page, the feedback I could receive here would help me improve, making the definitive FSS model bible, help me out.

http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/tutorial.html

Tutorial - index

Work Shop Cast - Vatshu The Black Knight
I will be working on this free-pose resin kit, it will serve as a tutorial, for anyone finding their way to building a Five Star Stories model.
Posted Image


Unboxing and counting the parts.
The very first thing to do, you open the box and sniff it.
Posted Image

Then you will find the instruction manual. It looks something like this. You should check if you have all of the pieces.
Posted ImagePosted Image

It is entirely in Japanese, at the corner you will find a list of symbols. I'll explain some of the frequently used ones.
Posted Image
Posted Image - Metal parts.
Posted Image - Identical part for the opposite side. When you see this while counting the parts, count these parts as pairs.
Posted Image - Optional parts, choose one.
Posted Image - Glue together first before painting, probably there is a seam to fill.
Posted Image - Apply decal.
Posted Image - Clear parts.
Posted Image - Assemble according to these sequence.

For example on the bottom right of this picture, you'll see the 'Optional part' and 'Identical part' symbols. That means there are 2 pairs of these parts, total of 4 parts, in which you will use 2 of them.
Posted Image

On the top right, it will tell you how many resin parts or metal parts are used in each step. Notice in this particular step, the entire picture is drawn from the back view, that means you are actually looking at the left shoulder. Be carefull about the orentiation.
Posted Image


Cleaning up.
After checking the content, what I would do next is give them a bath, I'd rub detergent on each parts and then soak them in water. Some people use sonic cleaner, I don't have such equipments, so I'd just leave them in the water overnight.
Posted Image

Do everything you can to make sure you don't flush any small part down the drain when you rinse them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

No comments: