Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Friday, October 7, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度二十九

Woke up early this morning to make use of the sunlight.
The upper roll is from today testing, lower roll is yesterdays. From left to right,
I found the red from yesterday is a bit dark, I added a bit magenta and red, the difference won't show on photo.
The orange I mixed yesterday by de saturating no.59 Orange was way too bright, for some reason the paint won't mix well, after a night some dark pigments are sunken to the bottom, I can't get the right mixture each time I open that bottle. I threw that one away. This time I started with Gundam Color Yellow and added no.59 a little at a time..
The black is made darker yet more purple, to create a bit more contrast with the frame, as I don't want to lighten up the frame gray color too much. Even so, the frame color is very similar to the main black in term of brightness.

The Orange in this photo looks way too sharp for some reasons, the last picture is more like it is in person. Like always with my camera the purple won't be captured.

Posted ImageFlash light off with my phone. I wish my iPhone wasn't stolen.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I painted the blades gloss black and then Super Iron+black
I'm so afraid of dropping this metal part, it will for sure be disastrous, be done with it soon then seal it away!
Posted Image

Noticed this from Wave's photo, the guard on the handle is purple, 
Posted Image

It is indeed purple in the line art but it is unnoticeable when zoomed out, it would appear dark gray. 
Posted Image

So I want a purple that is not as catchy as wave, appear dark grey when you are not looking at it directly.
I have Eva 01 night purple, may darken it a little, have to test it first.
Posted Image

I'll keep the bare finish of the metal paint, without gloss coat. It would appear blurt most of the time when blades are coated.
From Barber's WIP.
Posted Image

I repainted the blades with just SM Iron.
Now it looks like the line art with a metal color that looks white on highlight.
Tested some purple, I'll be using the one in red brackets. May do some masking and start with the orange later today.
Here is a 1 hour long video of the process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdJ2OBkDbbI
Posted Image

No comments: