Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Friday, October 7, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度三十一

More testing, again in the morning, as I had doubt with almost all of the colors.
The black, looks too purple and black at the same time, I tested it on an optional armor part, I hated it, the surface details were so hidden under its semi-gloss finish, I added quite a bit of white to lighten it, it's only a bit lighter but the difference is quite huge. Yet under my room's lighting, you would still look at it and say it is a type of black. The amount of purple in it is now very subtle I guess, at a first glance it would appear just grey, after looking at it for a while the purple starts to show a little, maybe too little now?! I reckon it is better to have it subtle than overdone.

Clock-wise from the red, I masked off the spoons to paint only the tip, so you see the the difference with the old mixes.
The scan from the Designs 3 has a lot of contrast an brightness in it. I also referenced to the Knight Flags.
The red is more dark and desaturated, but since there are some highlight of red on the forehead and chest in the line art, I did some adjustment and this is the color I think it is supposed to be according to the image in my head.
I can't find a way to desaturate orange, it would turn green for some reason, so I only added a bit more Gundam Yellow.
Purple for the sword handle isn't changed.
I added about 30% of brown to the light grey for the under armor, the patterns on the underside are rectangles so I thought a brown-ish gray would revok the padding under armors。
The color in the line art supposedly shown how it would look under sunlight, I used the lower part of the page for reference which is darker. My color is even a bit darker than that, and less blue。
The frame gray has been lighten by a lot, to have more contrast with the main color(my black is darker, and my frame is lighter compared to the drawing)。I hated how it had a little green and blue so I added just a bit of brown。

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I tested it on the optional parts, I should prep these part as well, they will come in handy in the future builds. Now they looked ugly due to them being not sanded.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

No comments: