Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Friday, October 7, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度三十四

The decision, to scrape it all.
I figured it could be better and it's only 1 session of work and it was quite fun to be honest, so why not do it all over again.
This time I won't prime.
Posted Image

And here's another attempt.
This time I didn't make as much mistake and paint over so the wrinkles are preserved, the hand is more invisible this time, and I am able to do washing.
Although the previous attempt followed how the sculptor intended the expression to be, it is only visible from a really low angle. After putting it in the helmet, I could see only the red spots from a flat angle.
I compared the size of the iris with the Ashura Temple, they are about the same size, it would be fine if I paint the Vatshu's iris the same. Also looked at some waist angle shots of Barber's, the size of his iris is fine, the issue appeared to be the yellow parts.
This time, I only paint the yellow slightly outside the iris, and covered the rest with red.
Since the red now share the same section with the yellow, the grey is also being pushed back, it used to have 2 rims of grey, now it is just one.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Slightly lower angles. It is now not as menacing as the WSC display. But it's similar to the Ashura, I opted for more viewing angles, while the expression can still be related to the manga appearance.
Posted ImagePosted Image

I want to have this shot again when it is finished, with the eyes visible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is a zoom to the pixels maximized. From the inside it was black, then mahogany, a black line wash, then yellow.
Posted Image

No comments: