Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度二十三

White metal part, I wanted to sand it a little before any filling.
Posted Image
Close-up before the sanding.
Posted Image

After sanding and close-up, as you see there are a lot of holes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I filled the entire blade with CA+talc.
Posted Image

And it is roughly sanded down.
Posted Image

In the Factory book there is an interview with Tani and Ikushima where they discussed about the work process of implanting details on the Terror Mirage. These details on the shield are so beautifully implanted, I do not want to scribe a line in between them, that would be like removing the efforts the sculptor put into it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Instead, I only cleaned it up a little.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Started priming with the PS290!
Posted Image

I took this from Travolta's SR1 WIP, covered the pins with tape.
Posted Image

My DIY painting stick stand.
Posted Image

I'm very pleased with the result the PS290 gave, in this picture the smoother area are sanded with #800 paper and primed with 1000 primer. Compare it to the inside of the details where I didn't sand. The smooth spots are similar to the last primer I put on the Gastness. This time there is no crazy scratch marks by #400 paper, so I don't need to sand these spots before the base color.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This part here is where I sanded with #400 paper, it has a lot of peels, and some bubbles I didn't cover.
Posted Image[/URL]

Imperfect spots here and there.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

No comments: