Check out my page
dedicated to The Five Star Stories and Work Shop Cast (link opens in a new window)
五星物語重戰機專頁 (另開新頁)
http://www.geocities.jp/ingenhk0083/

Sunday, September 4, 2016

WSC Vatshu The Black Knight 進度二十六

It's been a week
I started priming for the second pass, with 1200 Mr. Surfacer. It's a bit blue in tone.
With the Gunze PS290 and preped piece, the primer pretty much got me a perfectly smooth surface. Except some spots where I over looked or some spots around the edge are roughen by the overspray where I tried to paint the side.
And of course, still there are dust, bubbles and flaws.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Comparison with the first pass 1000 primer
Posted Image

Following the last picture, as you can see there is a raised lip right under the gap between two pieces of armors.
a) The armor before any scribing. (It actually didn't need scribing but I did it)
b) After scribing the line and primed, I realized there is an issue with those raised lips (in green triangle)
c) Flatten.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Done
Posted Image

This is the back of the skirt at the base of the waist, in the manual it is said to glue it before painting, I'm not sure if there should be a line here, but I filled it anyway.
Posted Image
Posted Image

No comments: